Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The World Is Flat #6

My personal feelings and ideas towards the The World Is Flat have been a little bit confusing to say the least. I don't believe that I will be very directly and dramatically affected by the flat world, but still I am sure to be affected in some way. As of now, I think it affects me more in that it goes against some of my ideas, than how it affects my life. My friends seem as though they will be pretty well off in this new flatter than ever world, seeing as most of them seem to grasp the concept of it, and are very excited about the prospects of it. Those of them who maybe aren't as enthusiastic about the flatness of our world are very intelligent though, and should be able to do quite well. I myself am still slightly confused about the flat world, so maybe what I need from teachers, parents, and those more intelligent than me is more information, to give a clear understanding, so I am sure of what I am doing and how to do it. I do not really see any way my future will be hindered, at least by the flat world, seeing as I plan to do some musical theatre and then become a mother. All in all I am not quite sure yet where I stand on my ideas about the flat world, resent is a bit strong, but embrace is a bit strong on the other side. I know I can live with it, and I know there are good things involved with it, but I am certainly not over joyed at the whole concept of it.

1 comment:

alex said...

Emily,

I agree with you about the fact that it seems hard to know whether to resent or embrace the flat world when you don't even really know how it is going to affect you later in life. You seem to be somewhat on the same page as me on that part :)

Contributors